EPIC – Nikah Policy and Procedure
These rules, regulations, and forms are for those who intend to have their Nikah and Marriage conducted at EPIC Masjid. If you intend to have your Nikah conducted outside of EPIC, please contact the Imam directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
East Plano Islamic Center (EPIC) offers Nikah Service for Muslims to get married at EPIC. All Nikahs and marriages are officiated by Imam Nadim Bashir or Ustadh Mohamed Baajour if specifically requested by the family and depending on their availability.
The families can also invite any approved scholar from outside of EPIC to officiate their marriage
This document describes the policies and procedures of hosting nikah service at EPIC
- Submit a nikah request online at
- Upload or Attach all necessary documents as described in the policy section above
- The system will send an acknowledgment email to the submitter. Please keep it for record purposes
- EPIC operations team will
- communicate with the person in charge via email or phone
- schedule a meeting with the family to go over the program flow and other requirements
- Inform the family whether or not the nikah has been approved
- EPIC operations team will also send a form to be filled out by the family members. This must be filled out as soon as possible.
The following are the policies for hosting Nikah Service at EPIC
- All rules and policies must be followed. A refusal of any type could lead to a termination of the program.
- Only prepacked sweets can be distributed to the guests for take along from the lobby area, no breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Modest attire for ALL GUESTS AND PARTICIPANTS (Muslim or Non-Muslim) and hired photographers are REQUIRED. ANYONE VIOLATING THIS RULE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PREMISES. NO EXCEPTIONS. Violations include
- Transparent and see-through clothing and
- Music / Nasheed is strictly prohibited.
- Men and women will be seated separately
- The start and end times of the event will be strictly enforced
- Only partitions provided by EPIC are allowed.
- Any cultural or banquet hall practices, such as flower curtains, formal entrances, and men and women gathering at entrances or lobby areas, will not be allowed under any circumstances.
- EPIC reserves the right to refuse service with or without reason.
The main hall will be reserved for the nikah for 60 minutes from the reservation start time.